Employment Opportunities-New Beginnings for Life LLC
- Residential Assistant (Full Time - 1st Shift & Second Shift) - Group Home Setting - Colchester, CT
- Indeed - Colchester Oppenings
- Residential Assistant (Part Time) - Residential Setting - Portland, CT
- Indeed - Portland Oppening
- Residential Assistant (Part Time) - Residential Setting - Clinton, CT
- Indeed - Clinton Oppening
- Residential Assistant (Part Time) - Residential Setting - Willimantic, CT
- Indeed - Willimantic Oppening
*Jobs are posted frequently on Indeed. If any of links do not work, please go to Indeed and type "New Beginnings For Life LLC" in the Keywords, and use "Connecticut" as the desired location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide DDS waiver services for individuals with intellectual, physical, or mental/behavioral disabilities including assistance with ADLs, home/grounds maintenance, health/safety needs, meal preparation, personal errands, bill paying, etc.
- Maintain line-of-sight supervision
- Emergency/Crisis preparedness, prevention, and intervention
- Coordinate, support and facilitate program activities
- Maintain communication with all Residential and Management staff.
- Work in a cooperative manner to ensure that the established goals and objectives of NBFL mission statements are met.
- Support healthy choices in regards to food, hygiene, behavior, etc.
- Track changes in health or behavior and report to program nurse or med liaison
- Provide transportation (**NBFL has vehicles available for staff’s use at work, but staff may be REQUIRED to use their personal vehicles if company vehicles are unavailable**)
- Maintain current trainings and certifications in CPR & First Aid, PMT, Medication Administration Certification, Fire Safety, Water Safety, HIPAA, Dysphasia/Basic Health, Emergency Procedures, OSHA/BBP, and more
- Maintain daily documentation and communication with co-workers
Standards of Hire:
- Must pass a DMV Record Check, Abuse & Neglect Registry Check, Criminal History Background Check, and a Sex Offender Registry Check
- Must have reliable transportation and current CT Driver’s License, Proof of Insurance, and Proof of Current Vehicle Registration (*Must be willing to transport clients in your personal vehicle*)
- **CPR & First Aid Certification
- **Psychological & Physical Management Training (or other behavioral intervention/restraint training)
- **CT DDS Medication Administration Certification *negotiable*
- High School Diploma or equivalent
**Current Certifications are a requirement of hire. If you do not possess these certifications, NBFL will connect you with the appropriate classes at your expense. Re-certifications for CURRENT employees will be obtained at the expense of NBFL.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
NBFL is an equal opportunity employer. The non-discrimination policy applies to employees, program participants, families, and community members and any other person associated with the organization.
NBFL will not discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group of persons on the grounds of race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, developmental or physical disability, unless it prevents performance of the work involved, in any manner prohibited by federal or state law.
If you are interested in employment, contact our office today to pick up an application and schedule an interview.